Hybrid | August 16 – IBA Center for Banking Excellence, Springfield OR Live Streamed Via Zoom
August 17 – Lewis University, Oak Brook
This seminar provides bankers with several advanced tax return concepts and related analyses to help them more effectively work with their business customers. We’ll begin with a brief review of analyzing a business owner’s personal “1040” tax return and the return of an LLC, S corporation, and C corporation including Schedules M-1 and M-2, Schedule K-1, pass-through transactions, and other deductions.
The remainder of the seminar will cover the following “advanced” tax topics related to business clients:
• Corporate Tax Issues including Business Structure, Section 179 Depreciation, and Bonus Depreciation
• Investments including Capital Gain/Loss Issues and Passive Activities
• Real Estate Issues including Personal Residence, Rentals, Home Offices, and 1031 Tax-Free Exchanges
• Employer Provided Benefits including “Qualified Retirement Plans” and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• Retirement Planning Strategies including “Defined Benefit” (DB) Plans
• Estate Planning Issues including Gifting
• Year-End Tax Strategies
• Changes to the Tax Code that impact Business Owners including the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act” (TCJA), the CARES Act, and proposed tax legislation
Commercial lenders, credit analysts, relationship managers, credit administrators
David L. Osburn is the founder of Osburn & Associates, LLC, a Business Training and Contract CFO Firm that provides seminars, webinars, and keynote speeches for CPAs, bankers, attorneys, credit managers, and business owners on topics such as Banking/Finance/Credit, Negotiation Skills, Marketing, and Management Issues. His extensive professional background of over 30 years includes 18 years as a Business Trainer/Contract CFO and 16 years as a bank commercial lender including the position of Vice President/Senior Banking Officer.
Fee Per Person