September 5 - Live Streamed
The federal bank regulatory agencies have not overhauled the Community Reinvestment Act regulations since 1995, but they have constantly tinkered with the rules. The Federal Deposit Insurnace Corpoation, the Federal Reserve Board and the Comptroller of the Currency published a proposed rule on May 5, 2022, to revise the CRA regulations. Comments on the proposal will be accepted until August 5, 2022. A final rule is expected in late 2022 or during 2024.
– CRA and its implementing regulation, including:
– Performance tests, standards, and ratings.
– Assigned ratings.
– Assessment area delineation.
– Public file requirements.
– CRA notices.
– Community Development activites.
– An explanation of the adjustment to the asset-size thresholds used to define "small bank" and intermediate small bank."
– A review of recent redlining cases.
– A review of the recently published Questions and Answers, exam results and CRA agreements.
– An explanation of how to obtain community development credit of COVID-19 related activities; and
– A review of the interagency proposed rule.
The program is designed for loan officers, compliance officers, CRA officers, loan department staff, bank counsel, and auditors. Whether new to the requirements of the CRA and its regulations or a seasoned veteran, this program provides a comprehensive review of the rapidly changing requirements of the CRA.
Kimberly Boatwright is EVP and Director of Risk and Compliance at Compliance Resource, LLC, and has more than two decades of experience working in the financial services industry. Ms. Boatwright is a well-regarded financial industry risk and compliance professional with a strong background in program development and implementation. She is a thought leader who specializes in Fair Lending, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC, and consumer compliance. During her career, she has worked for and consulted with all types of financial institutions, helping to establish and evolve compliance and risk programs. She is a frequent public speaker, trainer, and author on compliance and risk management topics. Kimberly is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist.
Fee Per Person
IBA Member $265