If just ONE customer claims the bank took contents out of their safe deposit box, what is the bank’s liability? UNLIMITED!
Today’s banking environment requires solid internal controls, policies, procedures, and training to minimize risks. With risk management, a high priority in banking today, safe deposit operation guidelines are critical for both liability concerns as well as safety and soundness compliance.
Awareness, knowledge, tools, and cautions are continuous and never-ending for safe deposit box operations. This comprehensive, relevant, fast-paced program is designed as a safe deposit operations learning tool and a refresher. Participants will acquire timely tools, job aids, and a reference notebook.
- State of Illinois legalities of safe deposit boxes
- Compliance responsibilities of safe deposit operations – rental agreements and the rights and duties as a lessor, renting and accessing a safe deposit box, key controls, records and file management, and more
- Basic operating procedures and guidelines for safe deposit operations – surrender procedures, delinquent billing, decedent boxes, abandoned property, responding to the legal claims for contents, auditing procedures, and disaster recovery
- Impact of the Patriot Act, BSA, and SARs reporting requirements on safe deposit operations
- Sample training tools for educating employees on safe deposit operations
- Recurring safe deposit box questions and recommended responses
- Safe deposit court cases and “lessons learned”
Customer service representatives, new accounts representatives, branch managers, assistant branch managers, operations, compliance officers, tellers, trainers, and those persons required to service any aspect of safe deposit operations
American Bankers Association (ABA) Professional Certifications has approved this program for 6.75 CRCM credits.
Dianne Barton is president of Performance Solutions, Inc. (PSI), a training and consulting company specializing in providing solutions to the key challenges facing banks in attracting and building relationships with customers. PSI's training programs are designed to “close the gap” between the banks’ needs and employees' skills. Her trademark “real world” scenarios give participants insight into the practical application of new skills and knowledge.
Fee Per Person
IBA Member $265